When we updated Lumo Play in June 2017 we simultaneously announced that our older Po-motion software would eventually be discontinued. Some long-time customers may still be using Po-motion, but after ten months of extended support, the time has come to finally shut down the old Po-motion servers.
In June 2018 we will be disabling support for legacy Po-motion software.
What does this mean for me?
If you are using the latest version of our Lumo Play software, this change will not affect you at all. Your current installations will continue to work as normal, and you will continue having access to all of your games and playlists.
If however, you are still using the older Po-motion, Po-motion Plus, or Po-motion Pro software you should update to the latest version of Lumo Play as soon as possible. After we disable legacy support, your old Po-Motion software will encounter problems:
- Your installation will no longer be eligible for technical support
- You will be unable to deactivate your license, nor activate a new installation using the old software
- You will be unable to download new games to your Po-motion Pro installation
- Legacy game downloads for Po-motion and Po-motion Plus will no longer be available from the website
- Remote management of Po-motion Pro software will no longer be available
- Your installation will be unable to play new Motion Maker template games
What can I do?
Offline Po-motion installations may continue to work, but users are strongly advised to upgrade to the new Lumo Play software before the end of June 2018.
Go here to find out how to upgrade from Po-motion to Lumo Play
Please sign in to leave a comment.