This article is for 3D cameras, like the Intel RealSense D400, Orbbec Astra, or Microsoft Kinect for Xbox One. If you are using a standard webcam, see this article.
Lumo Play will attempt to intelligently set appropriate values for the sliders in this step based on the camera you chose and the setup you are using. However, if you find the default settings are not working to your satisfaction, you may change them.
Sensitivity: This slider determines how sensitive Lumo Play is to small amounts of motion. Moving it to the right will make the system more sensitive. If you find Lumo Play is reacting to motion when nothing is actually moving in front of the camera, try reducing the sensitivity.
Noise Reduction: This slider controls how much smoothing is done to the frames. If you find Lumo Play is frequently reacting when nothing is actually moving in front of the camera, try increasing the noise reduction.
Delay: This slider will dramatically increase Lumo Play's sensitivity to small movements, but can also introduce lag. Generally this slider can be left at its default value for your setup unless you are advised otherwise by a technician.
Detection Range: This slider controls the distance from the camera that users are expected to occupy. For different setups, the range should be set differently:
- Floor: The maximum distance should be the distance between the camera and the floor. The minimum distance should be about 1-2m less than the maximum distance
- Wall (Close Up): The maximum distance should be the distance between the camera and the projection. The minimum distance should be 1-2m less than the maximum distance
- Wall Ball: The maximum distance should be the distance between the camera and the wall. The minimum distance should be 0.5-1.0m less than the maximum distance
- Wall (Full Body) or TV: Set the maximum and minimum range to the distances at which users will be standing when they interact with your installation
- Touchscreen: This step is disabled for touchscreen setups
The Reset button in the upper-right corner will revert all of the sliders back to their default values for your chosen setup.